SEO Manager (English & German language)
Location of work: Fully remote
Time zones: We can consider all timezones from UTC-4 to UTC+2
Contract type: Contractor Agreement / Freelance / Remote Only
babelforce is revolutionizing how businesses talk to their customers. Our platform makes it easy to build and automate all kinds of communications processes so they can focus on what really matters; meaningful conversations.
We’re an exciting high-growth startup with a welcoming, sociable atmosphere. Geekiness is encouraged and curiosity rewarded. We offer fantastic opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We are looking for an “all-around”, experienced and knowledgeable Native German SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Manager to join our Marketing team!
As our SEO Manager you will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing our German and English SEO strategy. As our online presence is extremely important for the success of business in both languages, your position will play a huge role in driving our business’s growth and success.
We are looking for a native German speaker in order to plan and execute an SEO strategy for both English-speaking and DACH region territories.
We are looking for an analytical and perceptive professional who is a skilled communicator and able to collaborate with various teams. Current knowledge of SEO practices and techniques is essential to this role.
- Develop and execute successful SEO strategies, both on-page and off-page
- Direct off-page optimization projects (e.g. link-building, cold outreach)
- Collect data and report on traffic, rankings and other SEO aspects
- Perform keyword research in coordination with babelforce’s objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Monitor redirects, click rate, bounce rate, and other KPIs
- Identify our buyer personas to better target identified audiences
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
- Provide recommendations and execute/manage strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific
- Help to create and support marketing content to socialize and use for social media purposes (e.g. customer videos briefs, customer case studies, blog posts, posts from analysts and customers)
- Develop and implement link building campaigns
- Develop, manage and execute communication/content strategies via social communities in coordination with client goals
- Implement and administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps, shopping feeds, APIs, webmaster tools/G Console)
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels in order to improve rankings
- Research and administer social media tools in support of clients’ social media strategy
- Monitor and evaluate web analytics dashboards and reports in order to develop and recommend SEO strategies
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO and digital marketing latest trends and best practices
- Grow the visibility and reach of our nascent German language output
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience as SEO Manager, SEM Manager or similar role
- 3+ years experience in Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Hands-on experience, knowledge and understanding of planning and executing Technical SEO audits and speed optimization methods
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in multiple CMS environments such as WordPress and other internal project management tools such as Jira, Asana
- Hands-on experience working with Google Console, Google Tag Manager and It’s containers, Google Analytics, setting up goals and events, alongside pixel and postbacks management
- Knowledge of standard and current SEO practices
- Experience with SEO reporting
- Working experience with technical tools (e.g. Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Similarweb, SEMrush, PageSpeed Insights, Rank Math, MOZ)
- Working experience with prospecting/outreach tools (e.g. Hunter.io, Mailshake, lusha)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical mindset with numerical aptitude
- Native German language skills
- Fluent English language skills
- Knowledge of industries including customer experience / customer service / contact centers
- Project management / coordination background
- Experience managing freelancers
- Managing paid campaigns on Google Ads, Facebook and Linkedin
- Working with various paid media tracking tools
- Working and analyzing website activities via user experience tools as CrazyEgg, HotJar, Clicktale etc
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role.
If you don’t meet all our ‘nice-to-have’ requirements but you’re up for the challenge (and willing to learn) we absolutely want to get to know you!
If you’re early in your career but feel you could grow with us, please apply!
- A flexible and fast-moving work environment with an exciting international team
- A welcoming, respectful working culture with extensive onboarding and training
- The opportunity to evolve your role with us as your progress
- Casual online team events and get-togethers like “drink and talk” and game nights with the whole global team
- A remote-first environment (plus a modern workplace in Berlin Mitte)
babelforce is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner.
We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. At babelforce we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work and products will be. We want to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to apply!
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, send us a message and tell us in a few sentences about why you think you would be a good fit, when you can start, and what your salary expectations are.
Thanks for your time and application!