With budgets getting tighter and operating costs getting higher, contact centers need to get the most out of every investment they make. This is especially true when it comes to their technology stacks, which can become increasingly complex and expensive.
Salesforce is leading the way in creating powerful Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools. With its recent launch of Einstein GPT-3, its cloud-based solution is set to transform the CRM industry with the integration of generative AI.
But even the world’s most powerful CRM needs some extra help to meet the specific needs of contact centers (and their customers).
In this article:
- The Dilemma: Salesforce vs. CCaaS platforms
- The Solution: The Best of Both Worlds
- Unlocking superior CX with babelConnect’s Salesforce integration
The Dilemma: Salesforce vs. CCaaS platforms
When it comes to choosing the right tech to power contact centers, there’s shortage of options. Salesforce is a popular choice – it’s versatile and reliable, and while it hasn’t been built specifically for call centers, it does come with some CCaaS functionality.
Or they could go down the specialist path and choose an industry-specific solution, which comes with its own set of advantages (and in some cases, disadvantages). Let’s take a look at the benefits of each.
Salesforce for Contact Centers
Here are some advantages of choosing Salesforce CRM for your contact center:
- Broad integrations. Easily connects with a multitude of platforms.
- Steady performance. Well-regarded as a robust and reliable solution.
- Comprehensive toolset. An all-in-one solution with diverse use cases.
Specialist Software for Contact Centers
Here are some key benefits of choosing a more specialist CRM solution:
- Tailored features. Designed specifically for contact center needs.
- Optimized user experience. Intuitive interfaces designed for agents.
- Focused support. Customer service that understands the nuances of contact center.
Yet, there are instances where industry-specific software can fall short. Some niche products may not be as secure or user-friendly. Integration can also be a pain point, leading to the inefficiency of juggling multiple systems.
So, what’s the solution for contact centers? The answer might not lie in a strict “either-or” choice.
The Solution: The Best of Both Worlds
The sweet spot for many contact centers can be found in a blended approach. How so? Combining a robust generalist CRM with a select few specialist solutions can give you the benefits of both. To achieve this, your solutions need to have the integration capabilities to work in harmony. But before understanding the ‘how,’ let’s recognize the ‘why’ (hint: it’s about CX and CS).
CX and CS Require Dedicated Tools
Simply put, CX (customer experience) and CS (customer service) benefit big time from tailored tools. Here’s why:
The CRM Payback
Companies invest heavily in CRM systems, and it’s not hard to see why. These systems come packed with features that allow businesses to analyze customer data and draw insights that can help improve customer experiences and business outcomes.
A 2014 study highlighted a remarkable ROI for CRM investments. For every dollar spent, companies received $8.71 in return (which is even more than the $5.60 recorded in a 2011 study). As technology evolves and CRM systems become even more powerful, we can only expect this number to grow.
For example: Using the data analysis capabilities of a CRM, contact center agents can instantly pull up a caller’s history, preferences, and past issues. Call times reduce, translating into cost savings for the entire business.
The initial investment in a powerful CRM can yield numerous dividends, such as enhanced customer loyalty, increased sales, and more efficient operations. Typically, the return significantly outweighs the total cost.
The Money in Smooth CX
A frictionless customer experience can significantly boost a business’s bottom line. When customers find the service process smooth and intuitive, they’re more likely to return, make repeat purchases, and even recommend the brand to others. This positive ripple effect can translate to a potential annual benefit, with some estimates putting figures as high as $5m for certain businesses.
For example: For a travel agency’s customer service team, a limited database system would make them manually search for information and even miss vital context. But with an integrated CRM solution such as Salesforce, they have the advantage of a unified view: ‘Sarah emailed customer service two days ago and has an upcoming Paris trip.’ Equipping agents with this kind of information makes the customer feel recognized, and 78% of consumers would consider repeat purchasing from a company that personalizes communications.
Putting money into great customer experiences isn’t just a cost; it’s an investment. The effort put into choosing the right tech and delivering better service can result in customers coming back more often. Ultimately, companies get more back than they pay in.
The CRM-CX Dynamic Duo
Investing in CX tech (think advanced telephony, automation, VoiceBot, in-app call context for agents) establishes a virtuous cycle – your CX is better, customers have a great experience, repeat purchase, have a great experience. You get the picture. Meanwhile…investing in your CRM gives you customer insights that generate a demonstrable return on investment.
It’s clear that both areas are worth investing in if you want to use technology to unlock growth center status for your contact center.
And while each area (CX tech and CRM) drive growth on their own, the real magic happens when they’re combined.
Unlocking Superior CX with babelConnect’s Salesforce Integration
Integrating your CX tools with your CRM means that every interaction is informed, swift, and precise. For instance, with the right setup, as soon as a customer calls, the agent immediately knows who they are, what their issue is, and the best way to help.
This tight integration translates into loyal customers, reduced hiccups, and better sales outcomes. It’s why babelConnect and Salesforce working together is a game-changer.
Integrating the Best of Both Worlds
Salesforce has marked its territory as a leader in CRM technology. But when you add in babelConnect’s unique integration, it takes everything up a level.
- Get more from your CRM and CX investments. With babelConnect’s Salesforce integration, it’s like investing in your own specialized CX application. And instead of managing disconnected systems, you have a single integrated view of the customer journey. The result is a powerful CRM that can identify customer needs, track conversations, and guide agents to the best solution.
- Access Salesforce’s full potential. Salesforce is already powerful, but when you pair it with babelConnect, you can tap into the full range of your CRM’s functionality. Automated dialers, voice bots, and contextual call capabilities paired with CRM data make customer interactions faster and allow you to squeeze every bit of value out of Salesforce. Essentially, you’re turning it into an even more powerful CX tool.
Boosted Functionality with Telephony and Automation
If we go into the specifics, the combination of babelConnect and Salesforce is a match made in heaven.
- Telephony Integration. Combining Salesforce data with your telephony system means agents have real-time data at their fingertips. Call logs, customer preferences, or past interactions – everything is available in a unified interface. This means no more toggling between screens, leading to reduced call handling times and greater customer satisfaction.
- Automated Workflows. BabelConnect’s automated workflows, integrated with Salesforce, streamline and optimize routine tasks. Whether it’s sending follow-up emails, updating customer profiles, or setting reminders, agents are freed from manual chores. This means they can spend more of their valuable time building stronger customer relationships.
Integration Unlocks a World of Possibilities
With babelConnect bringing every system and channel under the Salesforce umbrella, your contact center is set to benefit:
- Unified CX across Channels. Regardless of the communication channel – be it voice, chat, email, or social media – every customer interaction is captured and stored in one place. This ensures a consistent and personalized customer experience across the board.
- Insight-Driven Decisions. With every piece of customer data integrated, companies can draw actionable insights more effectively. This can guide product development, marketing strategies, and customer support initiatives.
- Enhanced Agent Productivity. A unified system means fewer hitches and more efficient workflows. Agents spend less time grappling with technology and more time engaging meaningfully with customers.
While Salesforce brings the robust reliability of a powerful CRM, babelConnect provides the tailored integration to supercharge your contact center’s CX. Together, they don’t just add value – they multiply it. Your investment in technology pays off but you’re also paving the way for future growth and innovation.