In this post:
- What is a progressive dialer?
- What is the purpose of a progressive dialer?
- In what scenarios is a progressive dialer used in a call center?
With the wide array of recent technological advancements, call centers can use a variety of sophisticated call-related software to maximize agent productivity and enhance customer experiences. One such tool is the progressive dialer, which is used to help call center agents save considerable time and effort when making calls, while still maintaining exemplary service.
What is a progressive dialer?
A progressive dialer is an automated dialing technique, where software works through a pre-prepared list of numbers. The display presents agents with important customer information that’s relevant to each number before it is dialed. A call is only initiated once the agent indicates they have finished reading the pre-call information.
There are measures in place to ensure that calls which go straight to voicemail disconnect immediately, and those that ring continually disconnect after a set amount of time. As a result, the call center can reduce monotonous tasks, which helps boost efficiency and slash costs.
The automated nature of this technology makes it ideal for businesses involved with telemarketing because progressive dialers make calls one after another, utilizing the availability of agents to initiate the calls.
What is the purpose of a progressive dialer?
When call centers employ the use of progressive dialers, agents can save considerable time because they don’t have to manually look for and then dial customer numbers for outbound calls. Above and beyond time-saving, a progressive dialer also ensures that an agent is available immediately to speak to the customer as soon as they pick up the phone.
By minimizing silent calls, you’re better positioned to nurture more leads and improve agent output. Since a progressive dialer allows agents to review customer information before automatically placing the call as well, you can also enhance the customer experience through more personalized interactions.
What are the benefits of using a progressive dialer?
Progressive dialers deliver numerous benefits for call centers. This includes:
- Higher agent efficiency since the progressive dialer reduces wait times in between calls while still allowing agents to complete any post-call tasks.
- Lower call abandonment because progressive dialers only dial one number at a time, which reduces the risk of agent availability issues.
- Greater customer engagement because agents have useful customer insights before any interactions, which helps to guide the conversations.
- Better lead conversion thanks to the agents’ ability to deliver highly personalized experiences that turn more prospects into paying customers.
- Comprehensive real-time reporting including volume of calls and access to call recordings, which enables leadership to track performance and initiate improvements.
In what scenarios is a progressive dialer used in a call center?
A progressive dialer is particularly useful for targeted outbound campaigns such as welcome calls and follow-ups. This is due to the fact that agents can review customer information and prepare themselves for the call accordingly before the number is dialed.
While some large call centers use predictive dialers, progressive dialers can provide a greater sense of control, as they require a lower level of automation. Since they only ever dial one number at a time as well, you don’t need to worry about recurring agent availability mishaps.
Automated outbound calling on a daily basis can be stressful in the long-term but the right software will relieve some of the pressure. A progressive dialer helps increase agent productivity and reduce call abandonment while improving customer engagement and boosting conversions for your call center.